Monday, January 20, 2014

Of in laws and outlaws

Of in laws and outlaws..........

There is no doubt that a woman who is working with two kids has need for help on managing the life of her kids..... bit one should always be careful what one wishes for ..... Whoi knows God might just say -" so be it" and grant that wish.      

That is exactly whay has happened with me I havr great chemistry with my mother in law. ... but my kids do not share the same time chemistrt... tere are fights.... fits from both sides.  When I was young I would pray for a time that my inlaws will stay with me because my parents would refuse...saying that they cannot stay in a daughter house..and in India there is no help available for working women. ..your kids are at the mercy  of horrible people especially small towns... and then I did my Msc and MPhil one after the other..... and then worked with my daughter going to the same school...

Such an ideal life for 3 years.. but they had their share of stress and strain... kids got ill sometimes threw temper tantrums.. by the time she was in her 6th class my father in law passed away and then my moyher in law came to stay with us. My son was also born. My father was suffering for dipolar disorder before he died and they would come to stay with us for short peeiod of times for his medical attention..after which he died.... amd then we were stuck to her or vice versa I do not know but we had a tough time.. because the kids were not ready to listen to their granny and the granny was also always angry with them.  Why is it that they who are bonded by blood are always at each others throats. They are good if yiu see them alone but when paired it is a terrible. Combination it is a team work two kids against the granny... and it is a rare case let me tell you because generally it is opposite it is parents paired against the team of granny and the kids.

It is basically her trying to instill good behavious in them which theu do not want to comprehend... the lifenpf the mother is at peril then....
Well life goes on enjoy the pickles with main course.

No comments: